Special Health Care Programs
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa has special programs to help you stay healthy.
To learn more, call Member Services at 1-855-332-2440 (TTY: 1-844-214-2471) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Or, head to the member portal and click Enroll in a special program to sign up online.
Disease management programs
As one of our members, you can join our disease management programs. These programs can help you learn about and take care of chronic conditions, like:
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
- Heart disease.
- High blood pressure.
- Bipolar disorder.
After you join, our care managers will:
- Help set up your health care.
- Share information that can teach you how to take better care of your health on your own.
- Show you how to take your medicines the right way.
- Recommend foods that are good for you.
- Tell you exercises to help keep your condition in check.
If you have questions about our special programs, call the care management program at 1-855-332-2440. Or, write to:
Care Coordination Program AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa
P.O. Box 7135
London, KY 40742
Quit using tobacco
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa wants to help you quit smoking cigarettes and using any other tobacco. This includes cigars, pipes, and chewing tobacco.
If you are ready to quit, we have a program that can help you. Call the Rapid Response and Outreach Team at 1-855-332-2440 to learn more. Or call the National Quitline at 1-800-QUIT-NOW (1-800-784-8669).
Bright Start® program for pregnant members
Bright Start® is a program for our pregnant members. Bright Start® helps you and your unborn baby stay healthy when you are pregnant. We can show you how to make healthy choices, like:
- Eating right.
- Taking your prenatal vitamins.
- Getting health care.
- Staying away from drugs, alcohol, and smoking.
- Visiting your dentist to keep your gums healthy.
We also work with your doctors to make sure you get the care you need. We will share how you can get other services, like:
- Food and clothes.
- Rides to your health care visits.
- The WIC (Women, Infants and Children) program.
- Domestic abuse.
- Home care.
- Helping you understand your emotions.
If you're ready to join or have questions, call Bright Start® at 1-855-332-2440.
We offer childbirth classes at no cost to all pregnant members. There are no limits to the number of classes you can go to. Call Bright Start® at 1-855-332-2440 to learn more or to find a class near you.