Care for your children
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa helps make sure your children get the medical care they need to prevent and find out about childhood diseases and illnesses early.
Our Medicaid members under 21 years old will receive EPSDT services. Our hawk-i members age 19 and under will receive care through Healthy and Well Kids of Iowa.
Not all services are available for all member types.
To keep healthy, young members need to visit with their PCP. These visits are called well-child visits. Well-child visits are important at every age. They are not the same as visits to the PCP when children are sick.
At a well-child visit, the PCP will examine your child. What the PCP does during the exam depends on your child’s age. The PCP will:
- Ask questions.
- Order tests.
- Check your child’s growth based on their age.
You will not be charged for a well-child visit.
If you have questions or want to find out more about this program, call Member Services at 1-855-332-2440 (TTY: 1-844-214-2471) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Eye care benefits for children (age 20 and younger)
Members age 20 and younger can get 1 eye exam every year. They can also get unlimited replacements if they lose or damage their glasses.
- Make an appointment for my baby’s first doctor visit.
- Have my child see the PCP for his or her shots and screenings.
- Make sure my teenager sees the PCP every year.
- Make sure the whole family sees the dentist every 6 months.
- Have my child’s eyes checked.
- Get my checkup so I can stay healthy for my children.