Your Responsibilities and How You Can Help Us
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa needs our members’ help. Please remember that you have a responsibility to:
- Let us, Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME), and your health care providers know of any changes that may affect your membership, health care needs or benefits. For example, let us know if:
- You are pregnant.
- You have a new baby.
- Your address or phone number changes.
- You or one of your children has other health insurance.
- You have a special medical condition.
- Your family size changes.
- You move out of the county or state.
- Keep your benefits up to date with IME. Find out when your benefits will end. Make sure all your information is up to date so you can keep your benefits.
- Work with us and our health care providers. Follow our guidelines. Follow your health care provider’s instructions about your care.
- Make appointments with your health care provider.
- Cancel appointments when you cannot get to them.
- Call us when you have questions. Call Member Services at 1-855-332-2440 (TTY: 1-844-214-2471) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Treat your health care providers and their staff with respect and dignity.
- Talk with your health care provider. Agree on goals for your treatment.
- Talk with your health care provider so you can understand your health problems.
If you have any questions about your responsibilities or for more information, please call Member Services at 1-855-332-2440 (TTY: 1-844-214-2471) 24 hours a day, seven days a week.