Submitting Claims Electronically
Use Change Healthcare WebConnect for direct data entry for claims.
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa’s electronic data interchange (EDI) Payer ID Number is 77075.
Easy, quick, reliable claims solutions
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa partners with Change Healthcare (formerly Emdeon) — the largest electronic data interchange (EDI) clearinghouse in the country — to offer state-of-the-art EDI services to our providers. EDI helps ensure:
- Efficient claims submission.
- Accurate and timely reimbursement.
- Earlier detection of claim errors.
- Faster claim and billing reconciliation.
- Reduction of paper workload for your organization.
- Lower administrative, postage and handling costs.
To initiate electronic claims:
- Contact your practice management software vendor or EDI software vendor.
- Inform your vendor of the AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa EDI payer ID: 77075.
- Call Change Healthcare at 1-877-363-3666 or visit Change Healthcare's website for information on contracting. AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa does not require you to enroll with Change Healthcare to submit EDI claims.
- As long as you can send EDI claims to Change Healthcare, through direct submission or via another clearinghouse or vendor, you may submit claims electronically. Electronic claim submissions to AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa will follow the same process as other electronic commercial submissions.
Additional EDI services
Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
If you do not have an EFT clearinghouse, you may enroll through our EFT partner, Change Healthcare, by completing an EFT Enrollment Authorization or by calling 1-866-506-2830.
New to Change Healthcare EFT?
Enroll now to initiate the enrollment process.
Existing Change Healthcare EFT user?
Complete and submit the EFT payer add/change/delete authorization form.
Electronic remittance advice (ERA) or 835 transmissions
For more information or to sign up to receive electronic remittance advice transmissions, check with your practice management or hospital information system vendor to confirm that you can process ERA or 835 files. Your vendor should be able to provide instructions on how to receive ERA's for AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa.
Many systems use this file to generate reports and auto-post payments. Your software vendor is responsible for facilitating ERA transmissions with Change Healthcare.
If your vendor does not have the ability to process ERA transmission, call Change Healthcare's customer service at 1-877-363-3666 and follow the appropriate prompts for alternative ERA options.