Join Our Network
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa is contracting with health care providers across Iowa to build a strong provider network and member support system. Let's work together to enrich the lives of our members through the delivery of quality health care.
You must be enrolled with the Iowa Medicaid Enterprise (IME) before you go through the contracting and credentialing process with us.
Complete the Provider Data Intake Form (PDF).
- Behavioral health providers, please read the Provider Data Intake Form Instructions (PDF) before completing the Provider Data Intake Form.
- Vision providers, please contact our benefits administrator Avesis by emailing Cynthia Meraz or calling her at 1-410-413-9095.
You must complete the credentialing process to become part of our provider network.
If you are an individual practitioner registered with the Council for Affordable Quality Healthcare (CAQH):
- Enter your CAQH registration number on the Provider Data Intake Form, which allows us to access your information.
- Ensure that AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa is given access to your CAQH account.
If you are not registered with CAQH, we recommend that you register. Please follow the appropriate checklist below and complete the forms related to your provider type.
- Provider and Facility Checklist (PDF)
- Iowa Statewide Universal Facility Application (PDF)
- Behavioral health providers addendum (must be completed with the Iowa Statewide Facility Application)
- Iowa Statewide Universal Practitioner Credentialing Application
- Long-Term Services and Supports (LTSS) Checklist (PDF)
- LTSS Application (PDF)
- Individual Consumer Directed Attendant Care (CDAC) Application and Checklist (PDF)
All providers must complete and submit the Iowa Medicaid Ownership and Control Disclosure (PDF) when recredentialing.
Please return your completed documents by one of the following methods:
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa
Provider Network Management
Two Ruan Center
601 Locust Street, Suite 900
Des Moines, IA 50309
Please contact your Provider Network Account Executive if you have any questions.
Practitioner and organizational provider credentialing rights
After submitting the application, health care providers have the following rights:
- To review information submitted to support their credentialing application, with the exception of recommendations and peer-protected information obtained by the plan.
- To correct erroneous information. When information obtained by the Credentialing Department varies substantially from information provided by the provider, the Credentialing Department will notify the provider to correct the discrepancy.
- To be informed, upon request, of the status of their credentialing or recredentialing application. Send your written request to:
Attn: Credentialing Department
200 Stevens Drive
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19113
- To be notified within 60 calendar days of the Credentialing Committee/Medical Director review decision.
- To appeal any recredentialing denial within 30 calendar days of receiving written notification of the decision.
- To know that all documentation and other information received for the purpose of credentialing and recredentialing is considered confidential and is stored in a secure location that is only accessed by authorized plan associates.