Join Our Network
We are pleased to announce that as part of the Iowa Medicaid Modernization High-Quality Health Care Initiative, the Iowa Department of Human Services (DHS) has selected AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa as one of the Iowa health plans that will serve the Iowa Medicaid population as a managed care organization (MCO). This integrated care model will coordinate primary, acute, behavioral and long-term support for most enrollees previously eligible for Iowa Medicaid, the Iowa Health and Wellness Plan, and the hawk-i (Healthy and Well Kids in Iowa) program.
Learn more about AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa
Become an AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa provider
- Provider Manual (PDF)
Contract with us
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa is contracting with health care providers and community organizations across Iowa to build a strong provider network and member support system.
Let's work together to enrich the lives of our members through the delivery of quality health care.
To begin the process, please complete the following:
Provider Data Intake Form
- Provider Data Intake Form (PDF)
- If you are a behavioral health provider, view these instructions (PDF) prior to completing the Provider Data Intake Form.
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa's routine vision, eye wear, and eye medical and surgical benefits are administered through Avesis. Inquiries regarding these benefits should be sent to Cynthia Meraz via email or by calling her at 1-410-413-9095.
Iowa Medicaid Ownership and Control Disclosure
All providers: Please complete the attached Iowa Medicaid Ownership and Control Disclosure (PDF) and submit with your credentialing documents.
You must complete the credentialing process to become part of our provider network.
If you are registered with CAQH or wish to register with CAQH, please follow these instructions.
- Enter your CAQH registration number on the Provider Data Intake Form, which allows us to access your information. No additional documentation is required.
- If you are not currently a CAQH participating practitioner, we highly recommend subscribing at proview.caqh.org.
If you are not registered with CAQH, you will need to complete the appropriate paper form:
- Provider and Facility Checklist (PDF) (to assist you with gathering the correct documentation)
- If you are a behavioral health provider, please complete the attached addendum (PDF).
- LTSS Providers Checklist (PDF) (to assist you with gathering the correct documentation)
- LTSS Application (PDF) (for LTSS Providers)
- Iowa Individual Consumer Directed Attendant Care (CDAC) Checklist (PDF)
Please return your completed documents by one of the following methods:
AmeriHealth Caritas Iowa
Provider Network Management
Two Ruan Center
601 Locust Street, Suite 900
Des Moines, IA 50309
Join us, and together we can make a positive impact on the lives of Iowa's Medicaid enrollees.